Ph.D. Candidate in Prof. Mastorakos Group
Member of Churchill College, Cambridge
Department of Engineering,
University of Cambridge,
Cambridge CB2 1PZ
=== Education ===
- 3rd Year Ph.D. Student in Combustion, University of Cambridge (Supervisor: Prof. Epaminondas Mastorakos)
- M.E. in Fluid Mechanics, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2009
- B.E. in Engineering Mechanics, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2007
=== Employment ===
- Research Associate, PKU Combustion Lab, College of Engineering, Peking University, 2009-2011. (Advisor: Prof. Zheng Chen)
Departments and Institutes
- Hopkinson Laboratory, Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Current Research Interests (Cambridge University)
- Large eddy simulations (LES) of non-premixed turbulent combustion with conditional moment closure (CMC) modeling
- Dynamics (local/global extinction, re-ignition, blow-off, lift-off, etc.) of confined swirl-stabilized non-premixed flames
- Large-scale, high performance computing of reacting flows and parallel algorithm development
- Previous Research Interests (Peking University)
- Ignition, propagation and extinction of laminar premixed flames
- Huangwei Zhang*, Andrew Garmory, Davide E. Cavaliere, Epaminondas Mastorakos, Large Eddy Simulation/Conditional Moment Closure Modeling of Swirl-stabilized Non-premixed Flames with Local Extinction. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2014, in press, DOI:10.1016/j.proci.2014.05.052. link
- Bin Bai, Zheng Chen*, Huangwei Zhang, Shiyi Chen, Flame Propagation in A Tube with Wall Quenching of Radicals. Combustion and Flame, 160 (2013) 2810-2819. link
- Huangwei Zhang*, Zheng Chen, Effects of Heat Conduction and Radical Quenching on Premixed Stagnation Flame Stabilized by A Wall. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 17 (2013) 682-706. link
- Huangwei Zhang, Peng Guo, Zheng Chen*, Critical Condition for the Ignition of Reactant Mixtures by Radical Deposition. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 34 (2013) 3267-3275. link
- Huangwei Zhang, Peng Guo, Zheng Chen*, Outwardly Propagating Spherical Flames with Thermally Sensitive Intermediate Kinetics and Radiative Loss. Combustion Science and Technology, 185 (2013) 226-248. link
- Huangwei Zhang*, Peng Guo, Zheng Chen, Studies on the Mechanism of Radical Ignition of Premixed Gas. Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 33(2012) 2219-2222. (in Chinese) link
- Huangwei Zhang, Zheng Chen*, Spherical Flame Initiation and Propagation with Thermally Sensitive Intermediate Kinetics. Combustion and Flame, 158 (2011) 1520-1531. link
- Huangwei Zhang*, Zheng Chen, Effects of Lewis Numbers of Fuel and Radical on the Ignition of Premixed Gases. Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 32(2011) 1249-1252. (in Chinese) link
- Huangwei Zhang, Andrew Garmory, Epaminondas Mastorakos, Predictions of localized extinction and re-ignition in swirl diffusion flames with LES/CMC method. Joint meeting of the British and Scandinavian-Nordic Sections of the Combustion Institute, University of Cambridge, 27-28th March 2014.
- Huangwei Zhang, Epaminondas Mastorakos, Effects of wall heat loss on swirl-stabilized non-premixed flames with localized extinction. 10th International ERCOFTAC Symposium on Engineering Turburlent Modelling and Measurements (ETMM10), accepted for oral presentations.
- Huangwei Zhang, Epaminondas Mastorakos, Andrew Garmory, LES-CMC of swirl-stabilized non-premixed flames approaching extinction. Current Research in Combustion: A Forum for Research Students and Early Career Researchers, Loughborough University, Loughborough, UK, September 2013.
- Bin Bai, Zheng Chen, Huangwei Zhang, Shiyi Chen, Effects of radical quenching on flame propagation in a tube. 9th Asian-Pacific Conference on Combustion (ASPACC), Gyeongju, Korea, May 2013.
- Peng Guo, Huangwei Zhang, Zheng Chen, Comparisons between thermal and chemical ignition of premixed gas. 2012 Chinese Conference on Combustion, Beijing, China, 2012, accepted.
- Huangwei Zhang, Peng Guo, Zheng Chen, Studies on Chemical Ignition Mechanism of Premixed Gas. 2011 Chinese Conference on Combustion, Hangzhou, China, 2011, Paper No. 114058.
- Huangwei Zhang, Xialing Zhang, Zheng Chen, Outwardly Propagating Spherical Flames with Thermally Sensitive Intermediate Kinetics and Radiative Loss. The 23rd International Colloquium on the Dynamics of Explosion and Reactive Systems (ICDERS), July 24-29, 2011. Irvine, California, oral presentation.
- Huangwei Zhang, Zheng Chen, The Influence of the Lewis Numbers of Fuel and Radical on Flame Ignition of Premixed Gas. 2010 Chinese Conference on Combustion, Guangzhou, China, 2010, Paper No. 104012.
- Yuxuan Zhang, Huangwei Zhang, Songping Wu, et al., Characteristics of Pressure Wave Induced by High-speed Trains’ Meeting in Open Environment. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, Beijing, China, 2009: 1717-1722.
- Baole Wen, Songping Wu, Huangwei Zhang, et al., Computational Study of Aerodynamics Characteristics of High-speed Trains under Cross Wind Conditions. Proceedings of Second International Conference on Modeling and Simulations, Manchester, England, UK, 2009:346-351.