Senior CDT Fellow, Gas Turbine Aerodynamics
College Lecturer, Churchill College
Cambridge CB3 0DY
Dr Young completed her PhD in 2012 on the subject of Tip-Clearance Effects in Axial Compressors. She then went on to be the Maudslay-Butler Research Fellow at Pembroke College, and is now a Senior Research Associate at the Whittle Laboratory. Dr Young undertakes research at the Whittle Laboratory in two areas: axial compressors and tidal power generation.
Departments and Institutes
Unsteady flows in axial compressors.
Tidal power generation.
- CDT MRes GTA3 Advanced Experimental Methods
- CDT MRes MP2 Compressor Mini Project
- Part IA Mechanics, Structures and Thermofluids supervision
- Energy Technology MPhil Project supervision
- Energy Technology MPhil Tidal power lecturing
- Part IIB (MEng) Project supervision
- 3A3 (Fluid Mechanics II) supervision
- 3A5 (Thermodynamics and Power Generation) supervision
- Part 1B Thermofluid Mechanics supervision
- Part 1B Mathematics supervision
- Part IIA Turboexpander Project demonstration